Reason One is searching for a Senior Web Application Developer! As a Senior Web App Developer, you are skilled at building custom CMS solutions, and integrating front end code and designs with CMS functionality. At Reason One, you’ll work as part of an agile project team of strategists, designers, writers, and other developers.
This position is titled “Senior” for a reason — we’ll expect you to troubleshoot and resolve issues independently, but also know when to ask for help if needed. Our ideal candidate should feel comfortable communicating with clients in writing and face-to-face (or video), and show a keen awareness of timeline and budget limitations.
Our must haves
- Minimum 4 years experience as a senior technical architect/project lead. "Full stack" experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in .NET development, particularly in .NET 4.x and web application development (C#), ASP.Net Web Forms, ASP .NET Core, MVC, and ASP.NET Web API.
- Experience developing integrations by creating and using service layers (REST, GraphQL).
- High proficiency with Windows Server (IIS) and experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Rackspace Cloud, etc.
- Relational database design and programming expertise (MS SQL Server)
- Proven experience with DevOps, continuous integration, and deployment tools such as Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis CI, Web Deploy, Octopus Deploy, Fake, Cake, Gulp, etc.
- Advanced source code management skills with Git, using branching strategies such as Git Flow, and managing code reviews with pull requests
- Strong debugging skills combined with experience using performance and load testing tools.
- Fluent in HTML5/CSS3.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with Kentico CMS (our primary content management platform), or at least two years of professional experience working with another .NET-based CMS (e.g., EpiServer, SiteCore, Sitefinity, DotNetNuke, Ektron).
- Proven experience in a technical leadership role with strong leadership, organizational, communication, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain the technical aspects of a project to non technical people
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Our nice to haves
- Experience with serverless architecture such as Azure Functions, AWS Lambda, Netlify Functions
- Knowledge of and/or experience with NoSQL technologies such as RavenDB, MongoDB, DocumentDB, etc.
- Professional experience working in Scrum and / or Kanban with Agile teams
A day in the life
- This is a fully remote, work from home position
- Candidates must be based in Canada or the US, and work EST hours
- Collaborates with cross-border teams
- Professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education including an annual training allowance
- Full benefits package includes: extended health, dental, life, long term disability, employee assistance programs and parental leave
- Paid Vacation days - 15 days per year
- Paid Sick leave - 6 days per year
- Paid Volunteer days - 2 days per year
- Work from home stipends for internet and home office expenses
- A link to your online portfolio or github account is encouraged. We want to see what you’ve got!
- You MUST be currently eligible to work in Canada or the US. No exceptions.
- Applicants with disabilities who are qualified and selected for an interview will be accommodated upon request.
- Please, no agencies or recruiters. We’re happy with the recruiters we work with.
Picture yourself here
At Reason One, it’s our mission to help those who do good, do better. That means we seek to partner with purpose-driven brands and organizations — those who strive to change their industry or community in a positive way.
What’s it like to work at Reason One? Simply put, we work with purpose, passion, and a lot of heart. Our values guide the way we work with clients and with each other: We’re team players who deliver quality despite constraints. We’re an agency of self starters, committed to results. And above all else, we’re good humans.
We aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where every team member feels comfortable bringing their true self to work every day. Join us!