Reason One is searching for a Senior Web Application Developer! As a Senior Web App Developer, you are skilled at building custom CMS solutions, and integrating front end code and designs with CMS functionality. At Reason One, you’ll work as part of an agile project team of strategists, designers, writers, and other developers.
This position is titled “Senior” for a reason — we’ll expect you to troubleshoot and resolve issues independently, but also know when to ask for help if needed. Our ideal candidate should feel comfortable communicating with clients in writing and face-to-face (or video), and show a keen awareness of timeline and budget limitations.
Quick Hits (tl/dr)
Founded: 2019 (merger of two agencies with 20+ year histories)
Locations: Fully remote with hubs in Toronto, ON and Charleston, SC
Team: Will work as a member of a multidisciplinary crew including Product, Project Management, Content Strategy, Creative, Technical leads, Front End Developers, and QA.
Reporting: This role reports to David Fahy, VP of Technology
Compensation: $90,000 - $110,000 CAD
Key Customers: Prisma Health, SickKids, Diabetes Canada, American Society of Landscape Architects, Lee Health
Noteworthy: Certified B Corp
Tech Stack: Azure, .NET Core, Jira, Basecamp, GSuite, Kentico, Wordpress
Our must haves
- Minimum 4 years experience as a senior technical architect/project lead. "Full stack" experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in .NET development (C#), ASP.Net MVC, .Net Core, ASP.Net Web API - minimum of 4 years of professional experience in .NET development.
- Experience developing integrations by creating and using service layers (REST, GraphQL).
- High proficiency with Windows Server (IIS) and experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Rackspace Cloud, etc.
- Relational database design and programming expertise (MS SQL Server)
- Proven experience with DevOps, continuous integration, and deployment tools such as Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis CI, Web Deploy, Octopus Deploy, Fake, Cake, Gulp, etc.
- Advanced source code management skills with Git, using branching strategies such as Git Flow, and managing code reviews with pull requests
- Strong debugging skills combined with experience using performance and load testing tools.
- Fluent in HTML5/CSS3.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with Kentico CMS (our primary content management platform), or at least two years of professional experience working with another .NET-based CMS (e.g., EpiServer, SiteCore, Sitefinity, DotNetNuke, Ektron).
- Proven experience in a technical leadership role with strong leadership, organizational, communication, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain the technical aspects of a project to non technical people
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Our nice to haves
- Experience with serverless architecture such as Azure Functions, AWS Lambda, Netlify Functions
- Knowledge of and/or experience with NoSQL technologies such as RavenDB, MongoDB, DocumentDB, etc.
- Professional experience working in Scrum and / or Kanban with Agile teams
- Location: This is a fully remote, work-from-home position
- Office Hours: Candidates can be based anywhere in the US or Canada, but must work during EST hours
- Core working hours 10 AM - 4 PM ET
- Start date: As soon as possible
Compensation package includes:
- Annual salary ranging $90,000 - $110,000 CAD depending on experience
- Extended health, dental, life, disability
- Employee assistance programs
- Parental leave with top up
- Paid Vacation days—15 days per year
- Paid Sick leave—6 days per year
- Paid Volunteer days—2 days per year
- $250 home office expenses per year
- $50 per month internet stipend
- Training allowance of $800 a year and professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education
- A laptop is provided
- You MUST be currently eligible to work in Canada or the USA. No exceptions.
- Applicants with disabilities who are qualified and selected for an interview will be accommodated upon request.
How to apply
Apply through our Applicant Tracking System in BambooHR here.
- Screening Interview with VP of Technology
- Interview with Technical leads and Developers
- Team Interview
- Offer contingent on References
- Reference checks
- Signed Offer
What’s it like to work at Reason One? Simply put, we work with purpose, passion, and a lot of heart. Our values guide the way we work with clients and with each other. We’re team players who deliver quality despite constraints. We’re an agency of self starters, committed to results. And above all else, we’re good humans.