This is the role for you if you are looking to join a purpose-driven agency on a mission to help those who do good, do better. We actively seek ways to improve our world, both by intentionally partnering with purpose-driven brands and organizations and engaging in continuous improvement of our own standards, practices, and social impact.
At Reason One we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where every team member feels comfortable bringing their true self to work every day.
This is a senior position within our development department. We want to see you mentoring and coaching less experienced front end developers, establishing best practices at the department level, and sharing your knowledge at the team, department, and company level.
How to tell if you’re the right fit
You want all the work you deliver to elevate the user experience—through subtle UI animations, the accessible interface you coded, or the incredibly fast performance of the page. You love collaborating and sharing your expertise, helping to improve and evolve processes along the way. You believe the web is for everyone and know how to make it accessible.
Our must haves
- 5+ years of professional experience in Front End Development
- 3+ years experience working with React
- 3+ years professional experience developing accessible solutions that target explicit WCAG standards (2.0 and above)
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with performance optimization techniques
- In-depth experience with content management systems
- Experience working with APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Experience building websites with React frameworks (Next.js, Gatsby) connected to content management systems
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD build and deployment pipelines e.g. Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions
- Experience with component-based design systems
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects quickly and efficiently
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently to both clients and internal teams
- Have mentored junior developers, interns and/or co-op students
Nice to haves
- Digital agency experience
- A web development portfolio that is viewable
- A github account that shows your past work
- Experience with any of our content management systems (Wordpress, Xperience by Kentico, Kontent by Kentico, Storyblok)
- End to end and UI testing via Cypress or similar
- Location: This is a fully remote, work-from-home position.
- Office Hours: Candidates can be based anywhere in the US or Canada, but must work during EST hours
- Start date: As soon as possible
Compensation package includes:
- Annual salary of $82,500-$104,500 CAD
- Extended health, dental, life, disability
- Employee assistance programs
- Parental leave with top up
- Paid Vacation days—15 days per year
- Paid Sick leave—6 days per year
- Paid Volunteer days—2 days per year
- $250 home office expenses per year
- $50 per month internet stipend
- Training allowance of $800 a year and professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education
- A laptop is provided
- You MUST be currently eligible to work in Canada or the USA. No exceptions.
- Applicants with disabilities who are qualified and selected for an interview will be accommodated upon request.
How to apply
Apply through our Applicant Tracking System in BambooHR here.
- Screening Interview with VP of People
- Technical Interview with CTO, Front End Developer and Technical Lead
- Team Interview
- Offer contingent on References
- Reference checks
- Signed Offer
What’s it like to work at Reason One? Simply put, we work with purpose, passion, and a lot of heart. Our values guide the way we work with clients and with each other. We’re team players who deliver quality despite constraints. We’re an agency of self starters, committed to results. And above all else, we’re good humans.