Reason One is hiring! We are in search of a talented PMO Lead with leadership skills and a drive to create effective processes in a collaborative environment.
Reporting to the Vice President of Client Services, the PMO Lead will be responsible for the optimization, deployment and support of project management processes and leadership of the Project Management team.
We want to see you grow your leadership skills and provide guidance to project managers on PMO policies and processes by mentoring them and collaborating with them to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of RO project management.
PMO Lead will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Establish the PMO role and operating model (e.g. centralized or decentralized, areas of focus)
- Create a ‘Centre of Excellence’ to nurture project management practitioners and share knowledge of industry best practices
- Develop and maintain agile project management methodologies, standards and tools and coordinate various activities within the Project Management Office
- Identify opportunities and bring ideas and intentions for improvements
- Establish the PMO organization structure, hiring and managing staffing requirements in line with project objectives
- Oversee Project Managers for the delivery of projects on time, within the scope and on budget
- Set annual performance targets for individuals and the team and conduct performance reviews
- Track and provide project status and audit reports
- Provide management with the information needed to assess which proposals have the highest potential value, impact and strategic alignment
- Interface with VP of Client Services to define project priorities and implementation opportunities and challenges, and keep them up-to-date with project risks and opportunities
- Manage the risk, issue and change resolution process, and work with other leaders to take corrective action as needed
- Carry out change management during the implementation process by communicating, training and managing the expectations of all project managers
- Improve the process during and after its implementation through an inclusive and collaborative approach with all project managers
- 2-3 years of PMO leadership (acting as a PMO Lead or similar) and people management experience
- Digital project management experience in a digital agency
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with project and change management and associated methodologies, techniques, processes and approaches (e.g. Project and Portfolio Management Methodology – PPM)
- Credibility as a senior-level project leader
- Sense of discipline, focus on quality, team spirit, desire to drive project success
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with the team and clients
- Problem-solving skills and strong client focus
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to juggle multiple goals and deadlines in the context of the big picture
- Facilitation, Negotiation & Problem Resolution Skills: Ability to build a strong network and relationships at executive levels with technology and solutions, customers and vendor groups
- Knowledge of the Agile and Scrum frameworks
- Ability to work with figures and data, excellent analytical and synthesis skills
- PMP certification, an asset
A day in the life
- This is a fully remote, work from home position.
- Candidates can be based anywhere in the US or Canada but must work EST hours
- Collaborates with cross-border teams at hub offices in the US and Canada
- Professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education
- Health Benefits
- You MUST be currently eligible to work in the US or Canada. No exceptions.
- Please, no agencies or recruiters. We’re happy with the recruiters we have.
- Applicants with disabilities who are qualified and selected for an interview will be accommodated upon request.
Picture yourself here
At Reason One, it’s our mission to help those who do good, do better. That means we seek to partner with purpose-driven brands and organizations — those who strive to change their industry or community in a positive way.
What’s it like to work at Reason One? Simply put, we work with purpose, passion, and a lot of heart. Our values guide the way we work with clients and with each other: We’re team players who deliver quality despite constraints. We’re an agency of self starters, committed to results. And above all else, we’re good humans.
We aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where every team member feels comfortable bringing their true self to work every day. Join us!