Reason One is hiring a Junior Content Strategist with a passion for creating effective, inclusive digital experiences. You may not have a ton of experience, but you’ll need an eye for detail, a mind for organization, and a desire to learn and grow. Every day, you’ll be working with our content strategists, designers, developers, product managers, and project managers on website redesign and enhancement projects for healthcare, nonprofit, and B2B organizations.
This is an entry to mid-level position — you’ll be working with the guidance of our Content Strategists but will be accountable for your own contributions to our project teams. This position will report directly to the VP of Strategy, however project priorities and approach may be directed by our Content Strategy team.
Your role and responsibilities
- Work with our Content Strategists to deliver key project deliverables
- Assist on crafting high-level content strategy approaches including information architecture, content planning, and Content Management System (CMS) guidance
- Assist clients in identifying and gathering all required website content and assets
- Build content collection systems for each new project
- Lead the quality assurance of client content against the project strategy and provide content recommendations where appropriate
- Lead CMS content entry efforts on new and existing sites to ensure quality and consistency
- Advocate for the client to ensure an easy, intuitive CMS experience
- Assist Content Strategists in building a CMS training guide for clients to reference post-launch
- Work with clients on continued content support
- Conduct pre-launch content QA and staging QA to ensure launch goes smoothly
- Assist with design copywriting, UX copywriting, and occasional ad writing
- Support external content entry/migration resources
Our must haves
- Basic understanding of digital content best practices, technologies, and trends
- Foundational knowledge on web design and development best practices, SEO, and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- A strong desire to learn and grow as a Content Strategist
- Experience creating information architectures is highly preferred
- Team player attitude — expect to collaborate across all disciplines on every project
- Multitasker who can readily bounce between different projects if/when priorities change
- Comfortable working both individually and with a team
- Great people skills and can communicate effectively via chat (Slack), Zoom, and email
- Bonus points for knowledge and skills related to accessible web content and plain language
- Even more bonus points for CMS experience (Kentico, WordPress, etc.), HTML, or general UX skills
A day in the life
- This is a fully remote, work from home position
- Candidates can be based anywhere in the US or Canada, but must work during EST hours
- Collaborates with cross-border teams at hub offices in the US and Canada
- Professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education
- Full benefits package includes: extended health, dental, life, disability, employee assistance programs, and parental leave
- You MUST be currently eligible to work in Canada or the USA. No exceptions.
- Applicants with disabilities who are qualified and selected for an interview will be accommodated upon request.
- Please, no agencies or recruiters. We’re happy with the recruiters we have.
Picture yourself here
At Reason One, it’s our mission to help those who do good, do better. That means we seek to partner with purpose-driven brands and organizations — those who strive to change their industry or community in a positive way.
What’s it like to work at Reason One? Simply put, we work with purpose, passion, and a lot of heart. Our values guide the way we work with clients and with each other: We’re team players who deliver quality despite constraints. We’re an agency of self starters, committed to results. And above all else, we’re good humans.
We aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where every team member feels comfortable bringing their true self to work every day. Join us!