Reason One is searching for an Intermediate Web Application Developer! As an Intermediate Web Application Developer you are skilled at building solutions on content management systems, integrating the front end code and designs with the CMS functionality. You are following the direction of the tech lead in approach and aware of client use of the CMS.
You should be able to troubleshoot and resolve issues independently while ensuring to ask for help from other team members as early as possible if you run into difficulties.
You should be comfortable communicating with clients both written and verbally but should also be self aware enough to know when to consult the tech lead, project manager or any other team members, if needed, before responding directly to client requests.
Our must haves
- Experience in .NET 4.x and web application development (C#), ASP.Net MVC, .Net Core, ASP.Net Web API - minimum of 4 years of professional experience in .NET development.
- Relational database design and programming expertise (MS SQL Server), knowledge of and/or experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, DocumentDB etc.
- Experience developing integrations by creating and using service layers (REST, GraphQL).
- Fluent in HTML5/CSS3.
- Experience developing integrations by creating and using service layers (RESTful services, GraphQL).
- Proven experience with DevOps, continuous integration and deployment using tools such as Azure DevOps TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis CI, Web Deploy, Octopus Deploy, Fake, Cake, Webpack etc.
- Advanced source code management skills with Git using branching strategies such as Git Flow, and managing code reviews with pull requests
- Strong debugging skills combined with experience using performance and load testing tools.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with a .NET-based CMS (e.g., Kentico CMS, Umbraco, EpiServer, SiteCore, Sitefinity, DotNetNuke).
- Strong organizational, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Our nice to haves
- Experience with serverless architecture such as Azure Functions, AWS Lambda, Netlify Functions
- Working with Headless CMS (e.g. Contentful, Kentico Kontent), or other microservice architectures
- Understanding of accessibility and experience coding accessible interfaces that adhere to WCAG 2.1 A & AA standards
- Professional experience working in Scrum and / or Kanban with Agile teams
- Develop (in collaboration with other team members) creative, functional and maintainable and performance driven web applications, websites and components.
- Write high-quality, reusable code following industry best practices and can teach others to follow your lead
- Project based work, as well as contributing to our internal library of reusable components.
- Maintain with senior developers the operational aspects of projects that you are part of - including the development pipeline, source control, branching & merging, continuous integration and deployment.
- Write concise technical documentation for new and enhanced solutions according to established standards
- Provide estimates on work efforts
A day in the life
- This is a fully remote, work from home position.
- Candidates can be based anywhere in the US or Canada, but must work during EST hours
- You’ll collaborate with cross-border teams at hub offices in the US and Canada
- You MUST be currently eligible to work in the US or Canada. No exceptions.
- Applicants with disabilities who are qualified and selected for an interview will be accommodated upon request.
- Please, no agencies or recruiters. We’re happy with the recruiters we have.
Picture yourself here
At Reason One, it’s our mission to help those who do good, do better. That means we seek to partner with purpose-driven brands and organizations — those who strive to change their industry or community in a positive way.
What’s it like to work at Reason One? Simply put, we work with purpose, passion, and a lot of heart. Our values guide the way we work with clients and with each other: We’re team players who deliver quality despite constraints. We’re an agency of self starters, committed to results. And above all else, we’re good humans.
We aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where every team member feels comfortable bringing their true self to work every day. Join us!