Reason One is in search of a talented designer with creativity, digital experience, and a drive to create inclusive, user-centric web experiences in a collaborative environment.
This is the role for you if you are looking to join a purpose-driven agency on a mission to help those who do good, do better. We actively seek ways to improve our world, both by intentionally partnering with purpose-driven brands and organizations and engaging in continuous improvement of our own standards, practices, and social impact.
At Reason One we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where every team member feels comfortable bringing their true self to work every day.
At Reason One, our Design Leads provide design leadership on web site and web application projects, working closely with strategists, content creators, and developers in an agile process. You’ll put your experience and ideas to work every day, tackling the emotional and functional sides of interaction design for a wide range of clients. You'll also contribute to sales and scoping, and confidently present your work to clients.
Our must haves
- 5-7 years of interaction design experience in a digital agency setting
- Proficiency with FIGMA, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to translate project strategy and client needs into insightful design concepts
- Keen knowledge of digital best practices and current trends
- Experience with design systems and modular design
- Experience creating inclusive, accessible UX/UI—you believe the web is for everyone, you know what WCAG stands for and how to measure the accessibility of your work
- Experience as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Able to accept and provide thoughtful feedback and strong ideas
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal. You need to be able to convey the story of the user journey and communicate how a design solves a particular business problem or need—with other designers, content strategists, developers, and clients
- You view constraints as a critical part of the creative process and solving problems
- A keen desire to learn, grow your knowledge, and play with new tools and processes
- You must provide an online portfolio with details about your specific role and contributions. We want to see what you’ve got!
- Location: This is a fully remote, work-from-home position
- Office Hours: Candidates can be based anywhere in the US or Canada, but must work during EST hours
- Core working hours 10 AM - 4 PM ET
- Start date: As soon as possible
Compensation package includes:
- Annual salary ranging $95,000 - $110,000 USD depending on experience
- Extended health, dental, life, disability
- Employee assistance programs
- Parental leave program
- Paid Vacation days—15 days per year
- Paid Sick leave—6 days per year
- Paid Volunteer days—2 days per year
- $200 home office expenses per year
- $50 per month internet stipend
- Training allowance of $800 a year and professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education
- A laptop is provided
- You MUST be currently eligible to work in the US or Canada. No exceptions.
- Applicants with disabilities who are qualified and selected for an interview will be accommodated upon request.
How to apply
Apply through our Applicant Tracking System in BambooHR here.
- Screening Interview with VP of People
- Interview with the Creative Team
- Team Interview with project level colleagues
- Offer contingent on References
- Reference checks
- Signed Offer
What’s it like to work at Reason One? Simply put, we work with purpose, passion, and a lot of heart. Our values guide the way we work with clients and with each other. We’re team players who deliver quality despite constraints. We’re an agency of self starters, committed to results. And above all else, we’re good humans.